Roma Access Programs is Looking for Two Program Coordinators
Full-time Program Coordinator
Roma Access Programs (RAP)
The Roma Access Programs at Central European University invites applications for two full-time Program Coordinator positions.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Review of applications will start on July 3, 2017 but the deadline remains open until the position is filled
Full Or Part Time: Full-time – 40 hours/week
CEU’s Roma Access Programs (RAP) have been advancing access to higher education for young Roma for more than a decade. In 2004, the university initiated its preparatory Roma Access Program (RAP) to facilitate Roma students transitioning from the undergraduate to English-language graduate studies. In 2012, the RAP preparatory program changed its name to RGPP, Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP). The unit, however, to this date uses the umbrella term of Roma Access Programs, incorporating the RGPP preparatory program and many other projects and initiatives. In March 2016, CEU announced a new initiative focused on Roma, the Roma in European Societies (RES). The RES initiative made possible through the generous support of a consortium of grant makers led by THE VELUX FOUNDATIONS, Open Society Foundations’ Roma Initiatives Office (RIO), and the Roma Education Fund (REF). RES is a pan-European effort to improve the situation of Roma in all sectors at local, national, and regional levels through interdisciplinary teaching and research, leadership development and community outreach.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Chair and the Senior Manager with administrative and financial tasks related to the RES initiative
- Assisting the Chair and the Senior Manager with preparing financial and narrative reports for donors
- Assisting the Senior Manager with various internship/fellowship grants
- Organizing conferences, workshops, training sessions and panel discussions
- Contributing to developing project proposals and course schedules
- Planning and coordinating recruitment and selection process in close cooperation with the RGPP selection committee (e.g. handling applications, scheduling interviews, etc.)
- Traveling in the target region for recruitment and program promotion
- Providing logistical and administrative support for RGPP for the duration of the academic year (e.g. making visa arrangements, dormitory reservations, coordinating student arrival, orientation and departure, organizing student events, arranging classroom/equipment booking, etc.)
- Organizing RGPP alumni events
- Assisting staff in making payments to suppliers and preparing contracts for staff, tutors, teachers and partners;
- Liaising with relevant administrative units (Admissions, Communications, Alumni Relations, Development, etc.)
- Conducting day-to-day office-related duties (ordering office supplies, maintaining files, updating databases, etc.)
- Performing social media and website-related tasks, contributing to the program visibility locally and in the target region
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Reporting to the Chair and/or the Senior Program Manager
- University degree (preferably in Social Sciences or Humanities)
- Good knowledge of English
- Knowledge of another Central or Eastern European language as well as Romani language would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Previous experience in administrative and/or financial management (work experience with SAP is an asset)
- Previous experience with event planning (e.g. conferences, workshops, panel discussions, summer schools, etc.) is an advantage
- Alumni of Roma Access Programs are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong planning and excellent organizational skills
- Cultural sensitivity and effective communication skills with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with close attention to details and administer long-term tasks independently
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment
- Strong work ethic
Commensurate with experience. However, we offer a competitive salary, as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year, with a possibility of renewal.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- a letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae including contact details of two referees.
Please send your complete application package to:
email@example.com - including job code in subject line: 2017/064.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu