Application Form and Checklist
In order for an applicant’s package to be considered complete and therefore eligible, the following documents are requested:
1. Completed RGPP Online Application Form 2018/2019 in English.
You can only apply through the online application. Materials sent by postal mail, email or fax will not be considered unless indicated otherwise.
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Academic Records
4. Motivation Letter
5. Identity Essay
6. Interest in Academic Fields Form
7. Letter(s) of Recommendation
Details about each of the documents:
1. Completed RGPP Online Application Form 2018/19 in English.
- Candidates who applied to CEU for 2017/18 should use their existing login and password to start a new application. If you do not remember your password from last year click on Forgotten Password.
- Candidates should filter for “non-degree programs” and then select RGPP.
- There are no application fee charges for applying to RGPP
- Please submit your application only when it is 100% final and complete. Applications cannot be edited after submission with the exception of certain fields that can be updated via the Applicant Portal.
- Candidates are asked to please always refer to the program websites for detailed guidelines.
- With technical problems, bugs or errors related to the online application forms please contact the CEU IT Help Desk.
2. Curriculum Vitae in English, including academic background, work experience (if any) and involvement in Roma related issues (if any). In addition, the CV must clearly indicate your level of English (minimum B1). Please use the following criteria for assesing your level of English.
3. Academic Records
Your online application must include:
* Scanned copy or photocopy of BA diploma or certificate of enrollment confirming that you graduated or will graduate from university by July 2018 (if possible with English translation, however, we accept the document in your national language at this stage of the application process).
* Scanned copy or photocopy of BA transcript showing courses taken and grades received during all the university years (if possible with English translation, however, we accept the document in your national language at this stage of application process).
Please note that if your application is successful you will have to provide an official English version/translation of your BA diploma and transcript.
4. Motivation Letter in English (500 words) stating why you would like to participate in this program. The motivation letter should describe the academic and professional achievements, interests and plans for the future. It should also describe your involvement in Roma issues and specifically reflect on the ways in which you intend to serve as a role model for your community in the future.
5. Identity Essay in English (250 words) describing the factors you see as important for defining you as a Roma.
6. Interest in Academic Fields Form: Please use the attached/bellow form to indicate which subjects you are interested in studying during RGPP and upload the form in the online application.
7. Letters of Recommendation must be confidential, assessing your ability to conduct graduate-level work and potential for a successful academic or professional career.
* One Recommendation Letter from a university professor is mandatory. Candidates will need to register the referee in the relevant section of the online application form. The referee will receive an automated message containing a link to the referee section AFTER the candidate successfully clicks on the "Submit" button of the application form and will have 7 days to complete the recommendation form/upload the recommendation (the link to the referee section expires after 7 days following receipt of the automated email; the automated email is triggered by clicking "Submit" in the Application Form). The letter should be in English, but if not possible it will also be accepted in your native or national language.
* In addition, it is strongly advised to submit a Recommendation Letter from a recognized Roma organization. The letter should be sent by the referee to the following email address: RGPP_Enrollment@ceu.edu by April 15 2018. The referee should indicate in the subject line RGPP 2018/19 and the last and first names of the applicant. The letter should be in English, but if not possible, it will also be accepted in your native or national language.
* An additional letter from second professor, an employer or supervisor is welcome but not required. The letter should be sent by the referee to the following email address: RGPP_Enrollment@ceu.edu by April 15 2018. The referee should indicate in the subject line RGPP 2018/19 and the last and first names of the applicant. The letter should be in English, but if not possible it will also be accepted in your native or national language.